Summer has arrived in the Greater Cincinnati area, and it’s the perfect time for families to get out and spend a little time together. But, quality family time doesn’t need to mean abandoning your financial goals.
We’ve created a list of fun, summer activities that families can do together on a budget. By utilizing the list below, your summer can be filled with fun, while you continue working toward your financial goals.
- Washington Park: Visit Washington Park in Over-the-Rhine with your family, dogs included! There’s a dog park, an interactive water park for the kids, and a porch with concessions that sells beer, wine, and liquor for the adults. If you get hungry you can bring a picnic or enjoy one of the nearby restaurants. And don’t forget to check the park’s website, because they often have summer movie nights and other activities you can partake in.
- Smale Park: Located on the Cincinnati riverfront, Smale Park has something for everyone. There’s a playground with interactive activities, a splash park and swings ready and waiting for the whole family to enjoy. It’s also close to Great American Ballpark if you feel like catching a game.
- Newport on the Levee Summer Concert Series: Every Thursday during the summer from 7 to 10 pm, there will be a performance. If you aren’t interested in the act, Newport is still a beautiful place to visit, view the river, eat, shop, or catch a movie.
- Cincy Shakes’ Shakespeare in the Park performance: Cincy Shakes is performing Julius Caesar on August 21, at 7 pm at the President’s Park in the Madison Pavilion. Bring the family and a few lawn chairs to enjoy the classic tale of the Roman Empire.
- Devou Park: Visit Devou Park in Covington, Ky for arguably the best views of the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky skylines. Complete with trails, picnic areas, grills, and a playground, it’s a great summer afternoon in the making. There is also a golf center and bike rental service available for a fee.
- FC Cincinnati Match: Watch the newest addition to the MLS at Nippert Stadium on UC’s campus. There are fun activities for the kids by the entrance before every game. The cost is $10 to $35 per ticket.
- Florence Freedom Game: Watch the minor league baseball team for $9 to $16 per ticket at the UC Health Stadium in Florence, Ky. Bring a mitt just in case you come in contact with a foul ball.
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens: Visit the beautiful zoo and gardens in Clifton. Children tickets start at $12 and tickets for adults start at $17. Don’t forget to give Fiona a wave!
- Winton Woods: While visiting the park is free for hiking and picnicking, there is a $3 parking fee, as well as fun activities such as camping, golfing, riding horses, and water activities for an additional cost. Visit the website for more information.
- Newport Aquarium: This summer the aquarium is offering buy one adult ticket, get one child in for free during summer family hours. It’s the ideal time to pet stingrays and visit with the penguins. Visit the website for more information.
Hopefully these activities give you an idea of how to stay busy this summer while on a budget. For more information on how to reach your financial goals, stop by our branch, visit our website, or give us a call at (859) 292-9000.